Oct 02, 2023
Natalie Duvall, Program Director
C O N T E N T S
The MEd in Educational Program Design provides the opportunity for educators to explore, design and develop quality education programming: the ‘what, how, and why’ of a student’s educational experience. Students will build tools, share practices, and work together to create new and/or revise existing program structures to meet the diverse needs of their students. The MEd is designed to empower educators to become curricular leaders in their schools and districts, to best advocate for their students, classrooms, and schools.
The MEd in Educational Program Design consists of 30 credits (9 courses), delivered online with an optional residency for students in The Arts concentration. The nine total courses are comprised of five core courses (21 credits), two course (6 credits) in an area of emphasis, and one elective (3 credits). The mix of core courses, coupled with coursework in an area of emphasis (the arts, literacy, inclusion, or education technology) allow educators to cultivate and apply strategies across multiple grade levels and disciplines. All coursework is project-based, practical, and hands-on, and is ready to bring back to the classroom. Throughout the program students are provided with opportunities to incorporate coursework into original research to both enhance their own teaching and also serve as a model for educators more widely. At the conclusion of the program graduates are encouraged to disseminate their findings and publish their work, as well as present at conferences
Students in the MEd in Educational Program Design will:
- Educators will learn to build, adjust and evaluate curriculum and instruction.
- Educators will gain a theoretical and practical understanding of 21st century teaching and learning domains.
- Educators will demonstrate the ability to design assessments of student performance.
- Educators will develop content that is inclusive of all learners across diverse learning environments.
Program Requirements (30 credits)
Required Courses (21 credits)
Program Emphasis (6 credits)
Select 1 emphasis from:
- Select 2 courses from subject: ETEC or STET, 600 level 6 credits
- Select 2 courses from subject: INCL or STIP, 600 level 6 credits
- Select 2 courses from subject: LITY, 600 level 6 credits
- Select 2 courses from subject: STTA or VPAS, 600 level 6 credits
Electives (3 credits)
- Select 1 course from subjects: ETEC, INCL, LITY, STET, STIP, STTA, or VPAS 3 credits