Chris McDonnell, Interim Program Co-Director
Mike Attie, Program Co-Director
C O N T E N T S
Learn more and apply to the Film & Animation program.
In both film and animation it’s all about the moving images. Whether creating a narrative, documentary or experimental film or a traditional, stop-motion or computer-generated animation, students work in a dynamic medium to tell the stories they feel passionate about and to express their unique, personal vision.
This major allows students to explore the possibilities of both film and animation. They will learn film and animation techniques, explore various genres and styles, and create a capstone project that combines film and animation in innovative ways.
Majors also discover how their work fits into the canon of existing films and animations, by studying the larger cultural, historical and aesthetic contexts of each field.
Working closely with award-winning professional filmmakers and animators, and in collaboration with peers, major classes are a mixture of hands-on instruction, lectures, screenings and critiques. Students can take advantage of internship and study abroad opportunities, and graduate with the skills to confidently pursue creative careers in both fields.
Graduates of the Film & Animation BFA will demonstrate:
- technical and aesthetic proficiency in creating films and animations
- a developed personal, artistic vision
- professional film and animation skills in a collaborative environment
- critical thinking skills and analysis of various genres, and historical and cultural contexts in film and animation
- an understanding of professional practices in the fields of film and animation
Program Requirements (120 credits)