Christa DiMarco & Marcelino Stuhmer, Program Directors
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
C O N T E N T S
Learn more and apply to the Art program.
Curiosity, exploration, and self-directed research are the pillars of the student experience in the BFA in Art program. Students form their own curricular path from a range of artistic practices and are exposed to a breadth of media, diverse contemporary makers, and compelling art-historical influences.
The BFA in Art is housed in the School of Art and has a curriculum that fosters equitable and inclusive approaches to creation and community. By prioritizing student choice, the program bolsters students’ ability to express their unique point of view and adapt to the changing landscape of the contemporary art field. Students have access to a range of tools, processes, and technologies that enable them to pursue their artistic and professional goals. Students who complete the BFA in Art are prepared for graduate programs, positions in arts institutions, or entrepreneurial and collaborative projects.
The BFA in Art Program prepares students to:
1. lead impactful practices as artists grounded in self-directed research that allows them to adapt to an evolving
2. generate work that draws from art-historical influences and global perspectives
3. forge an artistic path using a breadth of contemporary art practices
4. cultivate an awareness of historical and contemporary trends across creative writing and visual-arts based
disciplines to inform diverse, equitable, and inclusive approaches to creation, collaboration, and discussion
5. employ a critically informed writing practice to articulate a creative enterprise, research, or a unique point of view
6. engage in further studies in a graduate program, a position in arts institutions, or entrepreneurial and collaborative
Program Requirements (120 credits)